A Wise Man Once Said...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've been reading through Proverbs lately. To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever really read through Proverbs before. I've read it, but haven't "read" it...if you know what I mean. There's some good stuff in there.

Check these out:

Proverbs 10:8...

A wise heart takes orders;
an empty head will come unglued.


and how about Proverbs 10:9...

Honesty lives confident and carefree,
but Shifty is sure to be exposed.


or Proverbs 10:19...

The more talk, the less truth;
the wise measure their words.


and finally...Proverbs 10:32...

The speech of a good person clears the air;
the words of the wicked pollute it.


It's amazing that these words are applicable, right now, today, in our jobs, lives, wherever. Living wisely in the eyes of God and the people...that's what the kingdom of God is all about...what Jesus talked about. This way of living well is what will advance God's kingdom around us. Community is built this way. Relationships grow and develop by doing these things. Overall, God is honored as we look to live wise, abundant, full, long lives.

I want to be considered wise. I also want my speech to clear the air. We've had a lot of "pollution" floating around lately and it just doesn't fit with this time of year. We're quickly approaching summer and the weather is getting nicer. It's almost time to renew the mind, relax, and have some fun. I've got to say...summer is one of the best things about being a teacher. Sure, I enjoy imparting knowledge on the young ones, but summer break is timeless.

0 comments: