What a Weekend...

Monday, May 19, 2008


It's amazing what the weekend can do for you. For me, it ended up giving me affirmation in how I am dealing with a situation. Thanks God. Also, it was a time to disconnect and do something I love (play music) and to hang out at home. I did end up mowing the lawn...but got a chance to relax at home. There's stuff that could've been done, but nothing that "needed" to be done. I'm trying hard to maintain a Sabbath. If you don't leave a day for you and your family, I highly suggest you do so. It's needed.

As we were leaving Baylee Jo's (which had pretty much run out of everything because of all the weekend activities in AV), I noticed the time and the location of the sun. We cruised up to Taum Sauk and took some pictures. Sarala enjoyed the experience of "running" around on the gravel. The sky was clear and God's creation was evident. I then thought about how I don't have any pictures of Montana...really. I have some, but not too many. I lived there though and I guess that made the difference. I'm excited to go home and to take some pictures...I miss it.

The main thing I got out of the weekend though dealt with my situation. I received affirmation and am at peace with how things are going down. It's a matter of attitude. I go through periods of wanting justice but I need to wait...things will happen according to God's time and plan. I need to have the attitude that Jesus had...as described in this passage below from Philippians 2. It's a matter of me agreeing with others, loving others, being "deep-spirited" friends to them. I don't need to push my way to the front...like I want to do on occasion. I don't need to "sweet-talk" my way to the top. I need to put myself aside and to help others get ahead. It's amazing at how the change in pronouns makes this passage hit home. I need to forget about myself. I need to think of myself the way that Christ did...a servant. I need to have that attitude. Loving God...loving people...that's pretty much what it's all about. As long as I'm doing those things...everything else should fall in line. The other part of that is being obedient and listening to God, keeping myself and my agenda out of things. He's got a better picture of the BIG picture than I do...I'll trust Him on that.

Thanks God for getting my attention this weekend. I'm sorry.

If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself.

0 comments: