I love it...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I don't know what exactly it is about this picture...but I love it. There's a reason it's the first thing you see when you come onto the blog. The serenity. The beauty. The sunlight cascading onto the bay and mountains. The mountains and expanse of water that is present to the west of the picture. This brings back awesome memories of our time spent in San Fran with Sarala. It is also a great reminder of the awesomeness of God's creation.

I'm putting this out there because Crystal told me that my posts need to be positive. I agree...I've been irritated with people lately and I need to not let that frustration bleed into my blog. Again, this is mainly a way for me to put down my thoughts...which the negative stuff would be completely valid, but then...I want to be that "breath of fresh air" for people. It's a great, crazy time of year right now. There's no real reason to be negative about things. We're going to Montana at the end of this month and I'm pretty excited about that. It's been awhile since I've been home, and it should be good to see friends and family. Also, we'll be able to introduce Sarala to everyone. So, have a great day Wade Buckman...and everyone else!

3 comments:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Great pic Wade...and by negative, do you mean bashing people over the head with words intended to strangle the life out of them because you're frustrated beyond belief?

Yeah, I didn't think so either...

WB said...

beyond belief...isn't that the name of an album?

Crys said...

Wade- sometimes things are not all "sun shining and happy." I was just wanted to reminding you of what you wrote in a previous blog that I have used over and over the past few stressful weeks. Don't let the negativity of others and the family situations (with your brother and mom, that you touch on in a post)dictate your day and how you feel about yourself. You have no control over other people. You can only control you (and I know for me, without God's help, sometimes I am not even very good at that). I could tell you where struggling because of the frustration in some of your posts. I enjoy reading what you have wrote because it is real. Sometimes is is refreshing to see that someone else besides you are struggling. It make you know that everybody is human. So the good has to be mixed in with the bad, the negative with the positive. Just do not allow the negative to take over and add unneeded stress to an already busy time of year. I have on my desk a post that I wrote, "Whatever you look for, you will find! Look for good, you will find good... Look for bad you will find bad..." So back to when I told you last night about not been so negative when I read a post that you were thinking about posting. You had been adding to it for the past week or so. It is frustrating when people treat each others poorly or are always negative but... you cannot control that. Just do not jump on the "negative" wagon with them! I know it is frustrating because you care. I am proud of you. The funny thing is, I only have come to these conclusions because you told me the same things about 8 months ago and you may have to remind me again at some point! :)