Sarala...holds her daddy's hand...

Friday, May 2, 2008

Sarala has just discovered the outside world. The grass, sticks, dirt, etc. It's comical to watch her explore these new things. We haven't let her outside much before this due to her health (asthma and allergies) and the fact that she has just started walking about a month ago. She loves it. Her and Montana get a kick out of both being outside together. Sarala's seen me throw the ball for Montana using a "chuck-it" or throwing her frisbee. It's awesome to see her want to do the same thing. She "throws" the ball, but it only lands in front of her. She loves it and cracks up. Therefore, I love it. She usually likes one of us to hold her hand, but since she's been able to walk, it's time to explore. She'll hold your hand, but then when she's ready to check something out, she'll take her other hand and push your hand off hers. This means she's growing up.

I'm happy to see her happy. It's amazing how much she affects me. I don't care though, I love the little girl very much. The times like these are what remind me to pay attention to the important things in life. Yes, I've got some deadlines falling on me pretty quick at work. Yes, I need to grade papers, do lesson plans, amongst other things. Those can wait though, until she goes to sleep. My nights may be later, but they're fuller. Thus, I'm tired...it's Friday, and I'm ready for the weekend. Last weekend we were in San Fran and I still haven't recovered. I'm choosing happy though...even though it's raining and we'll have inside recess today;)

0 comments: