Tiffany, this is for you...

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The oldest car in the parking lot:


Well, I STILL drive a 1990 Toyota Camry. In fact, I drove it to church this morning. I refer to it as "ol' faithful." The thing is pretty amazing. It's as old or older than 2008's graduating senior class. I tell people that it does have power everything, moon-roof, and a bumpin' stereo system. Aside from those things, it gets me from A to B. I'll probably never drive it on the interstate again, but it's great to buzz around town in, go to work, occasionally cruise over to Fred-town to play music. The biggest problem I have with the car at times is that it is 18 years old. I have the ability to purchase a new car, but it feels like God is telling me "NO" right now. Every time I think about a new vehicle, it just doesn't feel right. So, it may be a lesson in using my resources for something God has in store, or it may be a lesson in humility. I don't know at this point. I just know that I'm still driving it and it goes. I'll be happy with that.

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought. - Matthew 5:5

I'm fine with the fact that it can be the oldest car in the parking lot. My Camry is not my identity. It's something that I'll drive until its time to get something else. Until then, the Camry will do the job...unless it decides to finally call it quits...which could be soon considering the subject of this post ;)

0 comments: