Why Am I Excited...?

Tuesday, July 8, 2008


This past weekend my wife had an opportunity to participate in "The Singing Bee...Meadow Heights." She wasn't too excited about and was actually not too happy with me since I had the idea of checking out Fred-town's service Saturday night since I was playing in AV the following morning. I wanted to support my fellow musicians and singers doing their thing. Oh...and I actually have video of the whole thing...but was threatened with my life...so, we'll see...I don't think I want to take that chance as of now;)

Anyway, she was "volunteered" to participate...and won! How exciting! She not only won for that service, but was awarded a gift card to Wal-Mart. Now, here's the thing. I'm sure you're aware that when you use a Wal-Mart gift card at the Murphy USA gas station there...it takes 3 cents off per gallon. This brought our price per gallon down to $3.79 from $3.82...which was very exciting for me. Then I thought...why should I be excited about that...I'm still paying an unreal amount for gas.

So, it's pretty amazing how life has changed...the economy, the war, the world, AV, Fred-town, etc...in the past few years. Not all of the changes have been good, but again...we need to focus on the good that is happening. I'm thankful that I've got a vehicle that needs gas. I'm thankful that I've got the resources to get gas for this vehicle, as well as my lawn mower, and whatever else I'm needing. I'm excited that we can get gas 3 cents cheaper. I'm excited that we can get gas period and for it not to be a big problem...sure, we'd like more money for us, but we have the ability to travel where we need to go...and that's a good thing:)

Where is your focus? What are you excited about?

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post the video Wade, I'll back ya.

I'm excited that God is working in your's and Crystal lives. It is very obvious. Keep seeking His will, and He will direct your paths.

Post the video !!!!!!

Crys said...

I did have fun... I was not upset.. I just embarrass easily when it comes to singing. It was awesome but there will be no posting of any videos. If Wade does post it... he'll need more than moral support. :) It would be a shame if the computer and camera losses this precious piece, especially the part that I bass out because of a cold!! :) I did have a blast and the prize gift card was rock'n. But sorry.. no video!!!