When you look in the mirror...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008


Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God.
Philippians 2:14-15

I don't know what to say. I'm at a loss. I don't understand how or why things happen the way that they do. Things don't make sense. I do know that there is a loving Father that is working in everything...I just hope that I stay aligned with what He wants to do in and around me.

I chose the picture above to go with this post due to the honesty and purity that it portrays. Sarala is Sarala. She doesn't try to be anyone else. She does what she does because it's what Sarala would do. We're beginning to see her develop a strong personality. I love it. I know that God is with her and has been with her all along. She knows it too. You can see the peace, purity, love, and honesty in her eyes and expressions.

It saddens me that someday she'll be more apt to change because of people's opinions or ideas about what she "should" do, think, believe...etc. I hope that I can build into her a sense of individuality, purpose, and thankfulness for her circumstances. God has already worked so much in her life...why wouldn't he continue working? I want her to learn this early. The best way I figure to help her is to do this in my own life.

It's my job to live as God would have me live. I need to be an example for her...in my real relationship with a living God. We can all agree that the world is a polluted, corrupt place. There is a lot that isn't right, just watch the news. That's where we, as Christ-followers, come in. It's our job to be the fresh air that seems to cut away at the pollution...to point to God with and through our lives. Honoring God by loving people. That's essentially what life is about. Only through doing this can we truly live...the way life was intended to be lived. As long as you can look into the mirror every day and know that your heart aligns with God's...rest...peace.

1 comments:

Brian Beard said...

Great post and pic Wade!