Simplicity...

Friday, July 25, 2008


These are the last days. The last days until school begins again. We've only got about three weeks or so. Wow...?! My plan for the summer of 08' was to try and soak it all in, whether we were at home hanging with the small child or out and about somewhere. Yesterday Sarala experienced her first sucker. It was awesome to watch the wonder and excitement as she savored the candy. The simple things are where you find life. Jesus talked about this sorta thing in Matthew 5...

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.
Matthew 5:5
It has been amazing. Since I'm no longer a coach, I've been able to experience my first actual summer since I started working. It has been everything I dreamed it would be. I'm excited that I've been able to keep to this...to "Soak it up." There are things that I probably could have filled up my time with, but...why? Unless it was absolutely vital to the existence of the Buckman household, I didn't worry too much about it. I got to it as time allowed. I found that life seemed much slower, peaceful, enjoyable.

As a result, I'm going to try and keep this going into the school year. The school year is crazy. I love it, but it's tiresome. My plan for the rest of this summer of 08'...and into the school year is to SOAK IT UP!


PRECHORUS:
Oh and the days go by so fast
And the memories
They never seem to last
And I'm quick to see all I don't have
I need to change the way I look at
All I look at

CHORUS:
And soak it up
Every little bit I can
Enjoy all my day
Before all my days end
And whatever I get
Always let that be enough
And never forget to soak it up
Yeah, yeah

1 comments:

Jo said...

Once again thanks for an awesome post. I wonder how many things we miss because we are to busy or t o focused on things that just don't matter. I know that from now on I am going try and soak a lot more. Thanks again.