I Love Summer...

Sunday, July 6, 2008


For as long as Earth lasts,
planting and harvest, cold and heat,
Summer and winter, day and night
will never stop.

Genesis 8:22


I really do. You've got to love it...what's not to love? The fact that I'm a teacher makes it even better. It's something about the weather, the activities, the food from BBQ's and such. How about pork steak...come on?! And the fact that it's something we can count on...something to look forward to...something promised and set up by who else...GOD...which means it's got to be good!


I am no longer a coach so this is my first summer of truly "nothing." Usually I've had basketball camps, shoot-outs, open gyms and the like to attend. I do miss it...but it's nice to hang with the family. I've done stuff, I just haven't done any work-related things. I take that back...I worked for a couple hours on curriculum...but other than that...it's been traveling, eating, sleeping, playing...things of that nature. It's sorta sad though that it's already past the Fourth of July.

The Fourth of July was a crazy day. We attended a Cardinal's game the night before...stayed in St. Louis...drove to Hannibal the next morning to attend a family reunion.

The food and fun was great. About 3-ish we drove 3 hours back to AV to tend to some animals, then watch some fireworks. Although long and full of driving...it was a fun day. Sarala took a nap in the vehicle on the way to Hannibal and on the way home from Hannibal. I didn't feel too bad about the drive since Sarala slept.

We went down to the Fort to watch the fireworks. I like the social aspect of it. Walking around...talking to people. I tend to know a lot of people considering I'm a teacher...especially since I've taught all three levels...elementary, middle, and high. It was cool because there was music as we were waiting...you gotta love the local "Elvis" doing his thing.


Now, the anticipation was there for Sarala, but once the show began...she didn't like it. We'll try again next year....



If you'd like to see more fireworks pictures or other picture albums of my stuff...check out my facebook page. There's a link on the right side of this page.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun day. It was a great 4th, glad you guys made the drive. Your fireworks pic turned out great!