Small Packages...

Thursday, July 17, 2008


It's the little things in life that make it memorable, desirable, joyful...etc. The big stuff is great, but it's the little things that happen continuously. Take this box for example...complete with small child. Small box...small child. It's amazing to watch the joy that the small child gets from the box. There's really nothing special about it. It's crazy that she even fits in the box. She loves it though. Her joy causes joy for Crystal and I.

There are enough of these little things going on around us that will give us joy...if we're looking for them. Too often we're looking for the big and profound or we're focused on things we don't have any control over. I tend to try and look for the profound when I'm reading my bible or I notice my mind wandering when I'm playing with Sarala and thinking about a bill or repair or...etc. This summer has done wonders though...through God I've gotten better at looking for contentment and joy in the ordinary and to not worry about things I shouldn't worry about. It is a work in progress though...as my wife can profess. The profundity of things aren't what make us alive. Worrying won't make something happen...just as Jesus says below:

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34

0 comments: