The "BIG" Picture...

Sunday, July 20, 2008


It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1:11-12

First...I realize that this is a rather large picture of my FACE.
It's tough to wrap your mind around how everything has a way of working together. There's something bigger going on around us. This "something" occasionally involves us...which is pretty crazy, awesome, scary.... The little things that I keep posting about are the things that currently give me trouble. I've already mentioned the iPod and A/C. Something else that pops up from time to time is the past. The past can haunt you sometimes, in addition to present and future things. It's amazing how a song, smell, person, season can illicit feelings and memories. I really try and not pay attention to the past because usually it's there to remind me about the type of person I was as I lived out of God's plan.... I didn't do all of the best things. It's purpose is to take me out of the game so-to-speak. It does on occasion.

This happens less and less as I grow closer with God through Jesus. My experiences have brought me to a place where I get a better picture of what God was doing, and IS doing in me. I thank Him for that. It's brought me to where I am now. It is a work in progress, but I'm thankful for my experiences. Now, it's a matter of my path towards "glorious living."

1 comments:

Jo said...

Awesome post. I too deal with past issues. It is so awesome when you can see how the past is helping to shape you into the person God wants to use. Thanks for the awesome post.