Trying to Enjoy...

Monday, July 14, 2008


I'm in that weird place right now where something tells me I should be doing something. I "should" be busy. I've felt almost...and I say "almost" guilty as I spend my time playing with Sarala. Is this true though? I don't think so. It's been a struggle though...to focus on enjoying the moment. Yesterday for example...I got irritated at the condition of our deck. I'm in the process of doing things to it...but it's tough to do stuff with a small child around. I let the feelings get to me...then Sarala woke up from her nap. I was then reminded of the important things. Yes...I'll get the deck taken care of even if it takes a week or two (which would normally only take days)...but I'm trying to just enjoy the blessing of being able to be present for Sarala this summer. Chores aside, there really isn't much that I "need" to do. The stuff that needs to be taken care of gets taken care of. I need to revel in the fact that I, with my wife, get to spend an entire summer with small Sarala.

It's a battle at times, but you need to choose to look at what's really important in this life.

1 comments:

Jo said...

You hit the nail on the head. If you don't work on the deck, what is the worst thing thing that could happen?? It may fall apart. The worst thing about not spending time with your awesome daughter, you will never get that time back. Keep on spending time on with your daughter.. It is what really matters.