The Simplicity of It All...

Monday, August 18, 2008


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30

I have to admit...I'm tired, worn out...weary. Three weeks of being sick like I've been...the start of school...playing music on the weekends...getting Life-group going again...I'm tired. Tonight was amazing though, a great reminder of how the simple things in life are the most important. I had a chance to eat a real dinner tonight, for the first time in three weeks. I've mainly been subsisting on Campbell's Chicken with Rice or Chicken and Stars...which is my favorite...but it doesn't compare to something like fried chicken. Wow...with a baked potato...mmmmm!

The dinner was complimented by the opportunity to play with my daughter. It's been awhile since I've just gotten down on the floor and played. We had a blast. Then we sat in the recliner and "talked" for awhile. She drank her chocolate milk as I told her about how Jesus took, and is taking care of her...her journey from California to our home...the fact that she's the love of our lives...Crystal and I love this little girl so much. I thought about all of the things that are making me tired and I gave them to Jesus.... The words in the passage above are Jesus' from the Message translation. I love the way it's worded here...so true...so simple...so profound.

So here I am...learning all about living this life freely and lightly...within the unforced rhythms of grace...thank you Jesus.

1 comments:

Jo said...

Its amazing how simple life really can be when we let God hadle things for us. Thanks for sharing your adventure with your awesome daughter with us.