Letting Go...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's amazing how crazy life can get. It doesn't even have to be stuff that is bad or negative...good things can make life busy. The beginning of the school year is always an adjustment and it seems to be more so this year. I don't know but I'm exhausted and we've only been in school for seven days. That's right...seven! So, the wife and I decided to take our small child and dog down to the river yesterday.

It's great to have things like this nearby...makes me not miss living in Montana so much. Black River...more specifically "Kay Bridge"...is where we usually go to hang out and enjoy the water. It's not too much of a drive from the driveway. Just like the weekend before...it was a welcome chance to refresh, reflect, and relax. It's been a catalyst that has forced me to look to God for rest...peace. Water does some amazing things. I then started to think about this song by Chris Tomlin called "The River." What a concept huh? Well, you find references to the "river" all throughout scripture. It's a great picture of how God's love envelops us...washes us...carries us. It's all about us getting in...letting go.

I then decided to make a little video using the song and pictures from our river excursions. Again, it's just another reminder of how awesome God is. The reference for this song comes from Ezekiel.

The River by Chris Tomlin
Chorus:

I can see the river
I can feel the river
I’m letting go of all I hold on to
Let it wash away
I’m standing in the river
And I’ll be here forever
I’m letting go of everything but you
Carry me away

2 comments:

Jo said...

Awesome video..

Anonymous said...

Who took the pictures?