Are You Serious!?

Monday, August 11, 2008

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Life seems to pile it on all at once. This is when I think..."Are you serious??" but I may add a "freakin'" in there...which I'm trying to get better about. Usually it happens when you're already worn down, tired, weary. That's how it happens, or seems to happen for me. I don't know what it is. Lately it's been a mental game. I've been dealing with this stupid cough and haven't been getting enough, or much sleep. Thoughts of doubt, lack of motivation, getting overwhelmed by everything goes through my mind. It seems to be cyclical for me too. Whenever something big is about to happen, in this case school, stuff seems to pile it on.

I have to remind myself to stay vigilant in times like this. Too often I try and rely on my own power. I figure that I can usually take care of it. The truth is that I can't...really can't. The state of brokenness usually follows and that's where I look up...instead of inside myself or outward. I reached this point the other day. It's hard to admit, but I wasn't doing well at all. I finally looked to God for help. Then...I received my first night of rest in awhile. A big thank you to my wife...she's always there...pulling for me. I love you Crystal.

The verse above is an awesome reminder for me. It's actually hanging up in my living in poster form. I love it. It's hard though...to get to that point of weakness...to submit and say..."I can't." God can, and will if we let him. So...if you're struggling...all I can say is "Get out of your own way!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Post. I have been there and true peace only comes when you let God handle it. Thanks for opening up for us.
Jo Hall