Along the side of the highway...

Sunday, August 3, 2008


"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:30-34

The photo above is of a weed growing along the side of highway 221...formerly highway V. I take this road a lot since it's the way to Farmington and Wal-Mart. I was driving home on the day that we purchased our new vehicle. Crystal was driving the Corolla and I was driving the Bravada. The Bravada is in great working order...except for the A/C compressor...it has essentially "blown up" on the inside...exact words from the person I had take a look at it. Now, normally it is the response to get all worked up about something like this. I was roasting...yes it was very hot...but then I noticed this flower on the side of the road. Oh yeah...the whole reason I noticed this was I was stopped and waiting for the go-ahead to head down the road since the state of MO is doing all kinds of road construction right now.

As I looked at this thing...sweaty as I was...I thought about the words of Jesus. I'm not too worried about getting it fixed at the moment. The money isn't the issue. God has taken care of me...yes, I am worried about not having A/C but it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things. My prayer is to center my life in "God reality..." as Jesus says. What a thought eh? Enjoy what's left of summer....

0 comments: