The Presence of GOD...

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34

If you live around here, you know exactly where this picture comes from. Plunder Palace is an interesting place. I've only been in there once...looking for something interesting. I didn't find anything that quite suited what I was looking for...but it was an experience. I've always thought that this picture would make for a great blog-post someday. Brian...would love to use this photo in a devotional. I agree. I love that "GOD" is still visible amongst all of the chaos and clutter around it. It's a great reminder of how we need to look at things.

Too often we get caught up focusing on all of the clutter in our lives...even though God is right there...right in front of us. Our distraction could involve things like the beginning of school, paperwork, class management issues, students, getting back to work after not working for a summer, getting the life-group going again, being sick, sadness at hearing about how friends are hurting...the list can go on and on. The key though is that God is right there...as Jesus says above..."don't get worked up about things."

Also, Paul gave us some words in giving encouragement to the Corinthians that apply now...today:
Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.
1 Corinthians 1:7-9

It's all about perspective. We need to make the choice to give our attention to what God has got going on. Sometimes things get crazy...I admit I'm guilty of trying to fix things myself...never works...but yes...God is there. As Paul says..."He will never give up on you. Never forget that." I love that...gives me peace and rest. Now, I'm off to continue to try and rest. I think I'm finally getting over this cough/congestion thing.

3 comments:

Crys said...

Very good. Every time I drive but and see the plunder palace, I always notice the big "GOD" first. I always pray that my life is just like plunder palace when you look at me... a little crazy, a lot going on, but you see God right away... I do goofy thins all the time but I hope everyone can see my true passion.

Chase said...

sweet!

WB said...

You've got to love Plunder Palace...!