Good for the Soul...

Sunday, August 17, 2008


So, my very dear friends, don't get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.
James 1:16-17


This picture illustrates the beauty of sitting on the bank of a river on a Saturday morning in August. The temperature was amazing, the sun bright, skies blue, and the water was clear and calm. Even though I was and am sick...it was amazing to get to sit out and soak up some sun. Now...there are all sorts of things that life throws your way. Not all of it will be good. This is where we have to make a choice...as James says "not to get thrown off course." I sat there and thought about all of the blessings in my life...how thankful I am. My family, wife, beautiful baby girl, dog, vehicle, house, job, health (even as it is right now), the list can go on and on. I love the way the light "cascades" down in this picture, which is why I chose to talk about this verse. It's the start of another school year, a new beginning. Don't let life, circumstances, or people throw you off course.

1 comments:

Jo said...

Once again.. another awesome post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us,