The Simple Things...

Friday, August 22, 2008


It's amazing how some of the simplest things can be what you miss the most when you don't have them or can't do them. For example...I've been sick for awhile and I think something happened to my taste buds. I say this because I regained my appetite this past Monday...after not really having one for almost three weeks. Since then every meal I've had...mostly carry-out or eaten-out due to time...has been amazing. Fried chicken from Fort Davidson, chef's special from the Mexican restaurant, catfish and the fixin's from the Catfish Bowl...mmm, mmm, mmmmm! I don't know...but it all has tasted so amazing, an explosion of awesome with every bite. So yes...I'm glad to be eating real food again...with the ability to taste.

The second thing I've missed is the ability to sing. Now, I don't really "sing" I guess...but I think I'm heading that direction. I sing while I play my guitar usually...but haven't been able to because of the cough/sickness. I sang for the first time tonight...with little Sarala as backup. Wow I missed it. I'm excited to get to sing while I play this weekend at AV...it's just a matter of being able to while playing the bass. So...don't take those little things for granted. Potato cakes...the picture above. Singing and tasting, tasting and singing...things that I never really realized that I loved so much until I couldn't do them.

1 comments:

fish said...

Looking forward to this wek-end a MH's. Looking forward to hearing you sing. Is Sarala singing back-up? Glad your feelingbetter. Love those tater cakes!!!