Back to the Blog...

Saturday, August 30, 2008


You've got to love long weekends. There's just something about getting an extra day or two off. I'm just beginning a four-day weekend...day one is about over and there are still three to go. Like I've stated in earlier posts, the school year is not going like I had envisioned. It messed me up to the point where I didn't get a chance to post for Friday...I was too tired. What?! Yes...too tired. I couldn't even think so my wife as gracious enough to act as a guest blogger, which was awesome by the way. I was sleeping. Now...after having experienced one day off...I'm feeling better. This break comes at a perfect time, a time for me to relax, refresh, and reflect.

First...I turned 28 today. 28 years...wow. I'm happy and content with my 28 years. My experiences have shaped me into the person I am today...I thank God for that. I now have a wonderful family which consists of a beautiful wife and an amazing baby girl...who just turned two on Tuesday. I'm incredibly blessed despite a lot of the "problems" I think I've got going on. It's all in how you look at it.

Second...I wanted to go to the river today and just sit...enjoy the sunlight, water, and listen to music. The weather didn't cooperate though...so we decided to make a quick trip to STL with some friends. Normally I don't get too bummed out by something like that...plans getting messed up...and I'm glad I'm back to myself somewhat. Spontaneity...if it happens...awesome...and if it doesn't...we'll figure something else out. The alternative ended up being just as enjoyable...hanging with friends...good conversation...good food...just...good. We ended up going to lunch at Red Robin, which is always awesome, then we went to Costco and I purchased a new iPod to replace my old one...my birthday present. I'm now waiting for it to fully charge so I can mess with it. I've got some new cd's that I need to put on there...videos too.

I love that tomorrow is Saturday and I get to sleep in...as much as I can anyway...sorta depends on Sarala. I don't have to play music though this weekend...anywhere...which hasn't happened in...months? Hmmm...it's a blast to play...I've played a little lead guitar, acoustic guitar, and bass...but it'll be good to have a break. I think we may try to go back to the river...I know we're planning on going over to a Labor Day function that occurs on an annual basis at the residence of some friends of ours. It's always a blast...or B-A-L-S-T as I've heard someone say.

So, I leave you with this...enjoy the weekend. Even if you have to work...enjoy the weekend. Make sure you take a Sabbath...it's a necessity...even God rested.

0 comments: