From the Wife...

Thursday, August 28, 2008


So yeah, that's me. Wade is wiped. He had a rough day. I think he is just tired. You know how that makes everything worse? It was a stressful day but when you look at the "big" picture, really all is well in our world. We are blessed. He just needs to, as we often tell Sarala, "take a rest." Being tired has a way of "making a mountain out of a mole hill," if you will. So he is getting some sleep. Plus we have a four day weekend. That is very rock'n. Wade b-day is Fri the 29th, so that will be fun! Wade was worried about his blogging community because he always tries to post at 12:01 a.m. everyday. So I told him that I would take care of you guys. I really do not have anything intelligent to say. I just thought he should really get to bed and this worked!! I did hear an interesting quote by David Crowder that has played over and over in my head. It was, "There is a difference between compassion and justice. Compassion is like seeing people drowning and you jump in and pull them to safety. Justice is swimming upstream to see who is throwing everyone in the water." I often see things around me that must change. All around us people are hurting, children are hungry, there are hearts that are lonely, lives crumbling, addictions winning, families sinking.... I try to do what I can. With a list like that, I feel very small. So, what do you think? I know as Christians we are called to be compassionate but what about the one throwing everybody in the water?

1 comments:

fish said...

There is always someone throwing people in the water. We have to be there to pull them out, without forgetting that the one who is throwing them in may be doing it because someone upstream threw them in. Most of the time the one's who hurt people the most are the ones who are hurting the most.

Keep pulling them out baby girl, your dad is proud of you and is your biggest fan!!