When You're Tired...

Monday, June 30, 2008

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28

Jesus' words are a source of rest and comfort. I've experienced the unforced rhythms of grace...it's amazing. Living in the world today though can be tiring. It's a fallen place...a lot going on. Again, I try and stay away from stuff like the news and such so I don't get focused on all the bad stuff happening. At the same time, I try and stay grounded in stuff like this from God's word.

I want to learn to live freely and lightly. I've done it to an extent...but I want to get better at it. Even though I know all these things...stuff still weighs me down. I get tired. If I'm physically tired, I tend to be spiritually and emotionally tired too. This weekend I played guitar in Fred-town...and though it's awesome...it is tiresome. I then went and played more guitar in the afternoon on Sunday...in preparation for next weekend's concert. At that point...I was exhausted.

After I got home Sarala and I went to the playground so her mom could rest (she's coming off being sick). We tried to fly an "Elmo" kite but there wasn't enough wind. We then played with some bubbles. Sarala was also tired...also coming off being sick. So, we came back home...played some more and God did something amazing. Through this little girl He gave us some laughter, joy...rest in the midst of our "tired-ness."

I'll let the video speak for itself.

1 comments:

Jo said...

I don't know how you do it, but your posts always seem to be just what I need.The video wsa priceless.