COMM-U-N-I-T-Y...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008


I think that the activities of summer can be amazing. Take flying a kite for instance...even though it was about 60 degrees...we had fun trying to get the Sesame Street kite to fly. It was great to go back to a park where my friends and I went sledding in winter and played frisbee, folf, grilled food, and went ice blocking when it was not winter. Summertime fun can be amazing in and of themselves for the joy that can come from them (t-ball, kites, baseball, hiking, camping, grilling, washers, fishing...) and then from the fact that those same activities can be awesome opportunities for building relationships with people.

Take t-ball for example. Now, I currently don't have a t-baller in my household (I imagine I'll be involved before I know it...) but I've got friends who have t-ballers. That's what the Buckman's did tonight...cheer on some t-ballers. The conversations behind the backstop are perfect for people to share Christ with others. This can be done by simply talking and listening with people, getting to know them on a deeper level. Talking about vacations, dreams, stuff that has been happening...etc. Sharing the things that God has done and living our lives honoring God. After the game we went with a group to Sonic to have some ice cream, and there the conversations continued. The weather was great...

So, be intentional about sharing the life that God has blessed you with when you are hanging around ball parks with softball, baseball, or t-ball. You can encourage other Christ-followers in their own journeys, or you can share life with those who don't know Christ. Listen.

0 comments: