And Again I Wonder...Why Don't I Do This?

Friday, June 27, 2008



Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4:6-7

I have a habit about worrying about things. Not all the time...it just seems like I get hung up on stuff every now and then. The issue of finances...getting things done...are just some of the constant stuff. A present worry concerns my little girl. She's had this fever without any symptoms. It's been a little high for teething...so I don't know. We're just seeing how she does. She has been playing though...eating and staying hydrated. The pictures above show what she was doing yesterday morning as I was getting some cereal going. She decided that the "dog" needed a drink. Notice how the toy dog is "drinking" out of the real dog's water dish. How awesome is that...another example of why I keep my camera ready at all times.

I tend to worry about it before I pray. Why don't I do it the other way around? What?! It doesn't make sense sometimes...why don't I pray as soon as I begin to "fret?" I've prayed and I do feel a sense of peace...God has taken amazing care of little Sarala...He'll continue to do so.

Thank you God for all the blessings...little Sarala, her health, her being healed, everything.

1 comments:

Jo said...

Wow. I agree with you 100%. I am the same way, I worry way to much before giving it to God. Sometimes I feel that I can't take something to God unless I suffer and worry some first.
Again great post and I love the pics.