My Own Theme Music...

Friday, June 13, 2008

So, I am walking through Wal-Mart and I hear this ethereal music playing. I think...where is it coming from? Now, before I go any further...let me explain.

There is this aisle in the store that has music. It's not music that goes with the music department...it is by itself. You know the aisle...the one with all the candles in it. There's a panel that is surrounded by various cd's. These cd's include Irish tunes played on piano, classical music, yoga music...etc. Nestled amongst these various musical choices is a Native American cd. It has a tipi on it. I don't know who plays on it...what it's all about...but it seems to always play while I'm near. I tell Crystal that it's the music of my people.

Haven't you ever thought of what your own theme music would be if it played as you went about your day? Would it reflect your moods or be an all-time type piece? There's this movie titled "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" which is a parody of a period of African-American movie genre. There's a scene where one of the hero's has his own theme music...like Shaft. There are two of them walking down the street and one of them has a bunch of guys following behind...the one guy asks "Who are these guys?" The old school hero replies "They're my theme music. Every hero's got to have some." How awesome is that?

Haven't you ever thought...I need my own theme music playing as I stroll into...wherever. Now, I don't know if it'd always be native music for me...it could be other stuff too.

So, to end this thing...think about it. What would your theme song be?

Mine would currently be "Soak it up" by Warren Barfield or "New Day" by the Robbie Seay Band.

0 comments: