Picking "Flou Flou's"

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sarala calls flowers "flou flou's." I love it. Saturday's are great days...mostly because we really don't "have" to do much. I've made it a point to go out to breakfast with my wife and baby girl every Saturday...regardless of what's going on. This isn't as expensive as it could be since we go to Fort Davidson and get the "special." We talk to people, eat, and then usually go do whatever it is that we're going to do. Today we took Sarala and Montana to the park. They love the park...it's pretty much what I've been doing every day since we've been home from Montana.

Sarala loves to just walk around. She'll walk up and down things...that's the new thing. The dog loves to catch the frisbee or I'll use the "chuck-it" and we'll play with a tennis ball. As we were doing our thing this morning...Sarala noticed the "flowers" on the ground. Now, these are weeds...but she calls them "flou flou's." I guess that's how you'd spell it...because if it was "flow flow", that's something else entirely.







I guess what I'm trying to say with this whole thing is enjoy your weekend, if you have one regularly. I've made it a point since college not to work on Saturdays if I can avoid it. I was tempted to mow the lawn, but I can do that Monday, providing the weather isn't rainy or killer-hot. So, enjoy the summer...enjoy the weekends...play. Have fun. Pay attention to the FLOU FLOU's as Sarala would say.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks for such a cool post. I think it is an awesome idea to set aside one day a week to just enjoy your family. Thanks for some awesome ideas. Great job this weekend in Fredericktown.

WB said...

Thanks Jo...I appreciate it....