The Wonder...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me.

Matthew 18:2-5


I love the wonder in Sarala's face. We took her to the zoo yesterday, and to a wildlife refuge on Monday. She loves animals. She saw many new animals, like elk, buffalo, bears, eagles...and learned new words and sounds as a result. This wonder is also reflected in the people she meets. She is accepting and loving...regardless. She met some of my family for the first time and took to them like she knew them. It was awesome to watch.

What happens to the rest of us that makes loving people so hard? Yes, people can hurt you and can be very stupid, but at the same time...we need to love them. Now, that doesn't mean look past hurts or things like that...but love the person. Forgiveness can be tough and is something that I struggle with now as I type this.



Well, now we're off to the store to pick up some things for dinner. Sarala loves to go "bye-bye" now...loves to check out everything. We're going to Bozeman tomorrow so I hope she can see some animals as we go into the mountains.

0 comments: