Oh...the days of Summer!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

One of the bonuses about teaching is that you get summer break, like the students. Now, providing that I'm not needing the income...I take full advantage. I made the "mistake" of working summer school for three summers...it isn't something that I'd recommend. I haven't worked summer school since Sarala has been here and I wouldn't have traded...or trade...that time for anything.

Crystal has been working summer school though...so that leaves me playing the role of Mr. Mom. I've done this before, when Sarala first arrived...due to Crystal being a full-time student. I was able to take (P)aternity leave...not (M)aternity leave from school last spring.

These pictures illustrate perfectly what life has been like in the Buckman household...since we returned from Montana anyway:


Sarala enjoys scary things...like walking up and down this stump...with me close-by of course


Sarala enjoys eating...and sharing...her "bears." I've been taking her and Montana the dog to the park pretty regularly...they love it...as do I


Notice the purple sand...




I've been experimenting with my new camera...the ol' moon shot...not the type of "moon" that some of you think of when you hear "moon shot";) They've turned out pretty good...here are three examples from the other night, the night when the full moon was supposed to seem bigger than usual...I guess it was bigger





Crystal and I are very blessed. God is pretty amazing. We have an incredible little girl...and just the fact that I don't have to work makes the blessings more evident. Sarala is growing and learning...and it's crazy to watch. Sad, yet awesome. She's growing up.

I was doing some reading and came upon this verse...

How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.
Ephesians 1:3-6

I can attest to the first four lines...
"How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is!" Notice the !'s.
"...takes us to the high places of blessing in him." I experience this...or try and take notice of it...on a daily basis.
"...the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love." I've been made whole...since he's filled the "hole" that all of us have.

I also love how it says that he decided to "adopt" us into his family through Jesus. Sarala's adoption is complete...and I love her so much, I can't imagine or even fathom the love that we get from God.

So...try and look for the blessings in your lives. You've got them...even when you don't think so. God loves you. We can't imagine or even try to understand...there's peace that comes from remembering this. You've been made whole. Stop trying to fill up your life with stuff that won't do the job. Remember...
How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is!

Tomorrow is Friday folks...which means I'll play in the sandbox with Sarala, go to the park, and then take a nap...providing the weather doesn't keep us inside....

0 comments: