Celtics Basketball = Beautiful!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008



I haven't watched NBA basketball in a long time...a couple years to be honest. When your a high school basketball coach...you've pretty much had enough basketball once March Madness ends.

I've been watching this year's NBA Finals between the Celtics and the Lakers and it has me loving NBA basketball once again. It's got me yelling at the TV...pumping the fist;)

Specifically, I'm loving the Boston Celtics. They play defense and do a pretty good job of it. The intensity and desire...you could see it in their body language as they won the championship tonight in stunning fashion. They destroyed the Lakers. Wow!

The ball movement, defense, execution of offense, awareness, shooting, rebounding...they just flat out-played the Lakers. The game is being played the way it's supposed to be played. It makes me miss coaching basketball...the craziness of district championships and state sectional games. The chance to lead a group of kids to play to their potential...there's nothing like it. In my five years of coaching I was involved in three district championship games (we won 2 of those 3) and 2 state sectional games (lost both to a St. Louis team...which that team went on to get either 1st or 4th in state). There isn't much that can match it. I love it. We didn't end out our season this year like we wanted...but still...it was a great season. A good year to go out on...23-5.

Doc Rivers is a great coach with a great group of players under him. It makes the fact that they won even better...!

0 comments: