The Letters on the Fridge...

Monday, June 23, 2008



It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1:11-12

The picture at the beginning of this post still blows my mind...how small and sick Sarala was. She didn't have anyone to hold her, love her...it's hard to think about. This was the first picture we ever saw of her. Beautiful! I fell in love from that moment. The second picture shows her as of right now...2008, almost two.

I love the wonder in Sarala's eyes as she experiences things on a daily basis. These letters are a new thing for her. She has a blast being able to move them around...she'll move them from the front of the fridge to the side. I thank God for the chance to spend time with Sarala. Her story is one that will serve as a continual reminder that God has His eyes on her...has HAD His eyes on her. He's got a plan for glorious living...she'll find out who she is (a child of God...loved) and that she's got a part in what God's doing around her and through her. I pray that I can guide her and be the best that I can be for her.

These letters...it's just another example of how God has healed her...performed a miracle. She was so sick...wasn't projected to be able to do much of anything.... I love the curiosity, the words she's learning daily, the excitement, the ability to do what she does...I love it all.

Thank you God for taking care of Sarala.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Being able to be part of God's amazing plan is an awesome thing. God saw you and your wife and knew that you both would be perfect parents for one of his miracles. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

Anonymous said...

All I can do is weep a little and say AMEN!

Crys said...

Thank you! Wade and I are truly blessed to have the gift of Sarala in our lives.