Trying Something New...

Monday, September 8, 2008


Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29
This picture illustrates what life can be like within the confines of the Buckman household. A beautiful little girl walking around in her daddy's shoes. This picture also makes me smile and refocuses my thoughts and feelings...no matter the type of day I've had.

I say this because I'm in the process of trying something new. Something new in the way I teach, the way I speak, the way I think...it's a necessity right now for my survival and sanity. Negativity only breeds negativity. I'm surrounded by negativity on a daily basis. I've got to make a decision not to add to the bad...and if I'm going to talk...it's going to be, as Paul says above "good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." My colleagues and I are in this together...feeling the same way. It's been tough but we'll make it...we've got a great group of people working together...plus it helps that they're in it for the right reasons.

So...with it being almost 11 pm, having just finished grading papers and working on similar things...it's time for rest.

0 comments: