Sanctuary...

Thursday, September 4, 2008


God's a safe-house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked.
Psalm 9:9
I love coming home...regardless of what kind of day I've had...home is always a sanctuary. I'm thankful for that. That's the way it should be. You can't let drama, craziness, stress, etc. invade your home. One thing I've always tried to do is to leave school at school. Having Sarala at home makes this much easier.

Something new that we're doing is eating dinner at her table. Normally we try and eat at ours but we have a gathering table so the chairs are pretty tall. Sarala has a small butterfly table so lately I've been pulling up a chair and eating with her. Since then she's been expecting me to eat with her. I love it.

The picture above is her tearin' up some catfish with "dip", which is ketchup. She's always been a great eater. Whenever I'm tired, worn out...I know I can come home and hang out, play, and eat with my baby girl. God works through these times to provide rest even though I'm not actually "resting." I relax though...loosen up. All of this is possible because God is ultimately the "sanctuary." He's a part of our home...daily life. It's awesome...I know I use the word a lot, but it is...the way He healed Sarala. She's got a great story that will provide comfort for her in knowing that she's taken care of...by her parents of course...but ultimately God...He's watching over her. She's God's baby.

So...disconnect...leave work at work. Come home to rest. I know that necessity sometimes requires work to come with you...but only bring the "actual" work home...leave the rest (stress, feelings, worry...) or talk to God about it.

0 comments: