Where did the time go...?

Thursday, October 9, 2008


The last time I posted...it was Tuesday evening and I was at school. It is now Thursday...late Thursday and I noticed that I actually had a little time and wasn't exhausted. This just illustrates how quickly time can pass. It seems like so much has occurred in the past couple days...so much that I haven't had time to blog. In the midst of it all I've had a chance to experience some of God's workings in the area. Also, Sarala is an ever-present reminder of how God can come through...if we ask and are serious about it.

The look on this face says it all. I love it though...a beautiful babe who I love so much. I've had some experiences this week that have really given me perspective on life...the things that are truly important. When it comes to living life...I feel like I've had an amazing opportunity to experience what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 5, the whole thing about "Salt and Light."

"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
We all have purpose. Sometimes it doesn't make sense...but we all have purpose. Like Jesus says "God is not a secret to be kept." God can do amazing things...and if we truly believe this...wouldn't we want to share it with everyone? Think about the things that God has done in your life...why not share it? Also...thinking about purpose...Jesus continues by saying "I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." It's time for us to shine. God is doing some amazing things around us in AV and we can play a part. It's up to us to "Keep open house; be generous with your lives."

I've been blessed by being able to get to know a family that has allowed me to live this out. Thinking about what generous means here...it's not financial in any means. It can be..but...just being an ear to listen...giving time to visit...these are things that all of us can do. Also, Jesus then says "By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." It's crazy how this can point people in the direction of God. So...remember...like Paul says in Ephesians 3...
God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

0 comments: