Some Reflection...

Sunday, October 12, 2008


I look at this picture...from the summer...and see that my hair got quite long. It's heading that direction again...and we've now got one-fourth of the school year down. I'm looking back at this past week and thinking..."man...where did the time go?!" It's now the start of another week. I didn't do anything school-related all weekend so the result was me staying up late tonight working on lesson plans and grading papers. I did have fun playing guitar this weekend. Even broke a string while "rockin'" out. Now I'm back to thinking about school. I'm trying to find the motivation to get caught up but there seems to be too much life happening.

I don't want to miss the baby girl growing up...spending time with Crystal...things happening around me. I also don't want to miss out on the God-things going on around me. Time. Time is something that must be managed...and managed carefully...wisely. I don't want to spend all my extra time with the fam because I could be missing out on some opportunities placed around me by God. I also don't want to do the inverse of this...either way...it's not great. It's about finding balance. Balance in life...time...relationships...everything. I feel like I'm finally getting a handle on the organizational side of teaching this year so that I can devote more time to more important things. I also want to be available for whatever God-action that may come up...and I can't always do that if all I'm doing is school work. So...there it is...that's where I am right now. Not too exciting...I know...but I try and not create craziness for myself. Alright...it is pretty late and time for bed....

0 comments: