How is it going?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

There it is...that question. A question that can seem so empty and if answered...can throw us off guard. Most of us...I know I do...ask this question of people. Now...am I truly wondering how it is going...or am I just being polite? I try to be intentional about the words that come out of my mouth. That's the key though...I try, which means it's not always the case. So...I type this and ask myself...how is it going?

Well...I've am pretty busy. Report cards, curriculum, parent/teacher conferences, giving guitar lessons...all of these things are consuming my time. I've been selfish with my time lately. There...I said it. Now...I always try to make time to make sure Sarala gets my time...but I've made some decisions lately that have caused me to refrain from talking to people. I'm trying to meet deadline after deadline...staying caught up on all the paperwork and such that comes my way. I try and not overwhelm myself...but it happens here and there...the feeling of being overwhelmed. There it is...talking to people gets me off track.

That's where I need to fix things. People are important. The time I give them is precious...which is why I don't coach anymore or involve myself in too much right now...but there is an intentionality to the relationships I have and the ones I'm developing. I've ignored some urgings that God has dropped on me because of selfishness. Now I'm feeling like I've missed some opportunities. So...to end this post...it's time to continue talking to God about things, value the happenings in the lives of those around me, and work smarter so that my time is taken up by organizational things from school. Alright...there you go.

And yes...I need to get back to blogging regularly because I've got a lot going on in my thoughts and experiences...no reason why I can't take a couple minutes and put them into words in a post.

0 comments: