A Night At Home...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "How can I help?"
Romans 15:1-2
I have developed an amazing relationship with a family within the past two weeks. Some of you know who I'm talking about because you've come with me...along on the journey. It has been amazing...God has done some awesome things and I'm looking for what's next.

Let me start at the beginning. About two weeks ago I was made aware that there was a family in dire need. This family had nothing...had been put into a "house"...in very poor condition. No transportation, food...nothing. Now...usually one hears about these things and asks..."what put them in this situation?" or they say things like "some thing's up with this situation...they're just looking for handouts." Granted...there are a lot of people that abuse help when it comes...but there are others who truly need help. Pride can play a big part in how to ask...and I can only imagine the feelings and thoughts as the man of the house asked for help.

I was able to accompany two friends of mine to assess the situation...and it became clear that it was a real need. So...the people around me went into action and it has been awesome to see God work through and around people since. The blessings so abundant in our lives became apparent and it didn't take long for people to begin giving generously.

I've been over to visit the family a couple times since and last night was another awesome God-thing. The family...who had been saving money for some sort of transportation...had found a vehicle. So, a friend and I got a chance to drive them out to Desloge to pick it up. It looks like it's in great shape...considering the year and price.

I'm loving it...in awe about the whole thing...being able to witness the movement of God. I'm now back at my house tonight...taking it easy. The wife is attending on-line class, the baby girl is sleeping peacefully after taking a bath, and I was playing Wii...then I figured I should probably get some of these thoughts out while I'm thinking about them. Therefore...this post may seem a little disconnected without much flow...but I've been so moved by what God is doing around us...me...in people, through people...for people. I love it and I'm so thankful that I've been blessed with this experience.

As I continue to collect my thoughts and experiences...I'll write some more about it...but for now...back to some MarioKart until the wife is done...then off to bed.

0 comments: