Enjoying a "Smooth"

Monday, March 15, 2010


My days since the last post to the blog have been filled with this sort of stuff. Hanging out with my girls...enjoying the time together.

Here...Sarala and I are enjoying a strawberry + banana smooth.

Yes...

Sarala refers to smoothies as smooths.

She loves smooths.

I love smooths.

Together...we love us some smooths.


This is pretty much how life in the Buckman house goes...hanging out....

I was able to experience my first full weekend home these past two days...

without any guitar...

without any basketball....


Not saying anything about guitar and basketball being bad...it's pretty much all I do outside of school....

It was quite awesome to hang at home for a weekend.

It is amazing to watch your daughter play with a toy dollhouse and giggle...

talk...

sing....

The simplicity of joy.

She was immersed in the moment.


We can all learn so much from this small child.

Enjoying every bit of the moment.

Each of us have moments all throughout our days.

Why can't we get lost in moments?


So...this is the plan...the challenge:

To acknowledge and enjoy at least one moment during my day.

It can be at work, home...wherever.

The goal is to acknowledge and just enjoy the joy from those moments.

For example...

enjoying a nice warm sandwich for dinner and enjoying the moment eating some awesomeness (St. Louis Bread Co) with my significant other (Something I experienced this evening)

watching some AFV with the small child and belly-laughing because of the awesomeness displayed (some of that stuff is just universally funny)

listening to some fantastic singer/songwriter tunes (Andrew Osenga has been in heavy rotation lately)

sitting around with some friends...dreaming big things

playing Settlers of Cataan, which, by the way, is an addicting board game

and...of course

enjoying a smooth.

Try it...

see what happens!

If nothing else...blend up a smooth.

0 comments: