Circles...!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010



Sarala is finally drawing circles!

This last week or so has been killing me.

Cerebral Palsy.

It's something that I haven't really thought about in awhile.

Two things have really forced it back into the forefront of my mind...one of those things being...

Circles.


Sarala is finally able to draw circles.

This is a major celebration in the Buckman family.

She's had a delay in her fine motor...which has resulted in her not doing things like drawing...coloring...age-appropriately.

You don't see it until there's something to reference it to...

like other children.


It's not something I consciously do...

but it's something that I don't want Sarala to have to deal with later on...

once she enters school...

which will be real tough on me since she'll be in my building.


Okay...back to the present.

The amazing thing about this picture...

it was delivered by Sarala's occupational therapist while I was in my classroom...

lost in my thoughts.


I say lost because it seems that I've been struggling with letting discouraging words gain ground...the tendency to overwhelm myself grows...

and then...

I hear a "Mr. Buckman?"


I look up...

see the picture...

and see something amazing...

beauty.


It's a picture of me...

Sarala's daddy.


I find beauty...peace in this picture.

God has done some amazing things in and through Sarala...

He's not finished yet.

He's got her handled.

Why am I letting myself bear the burden of worry...

when He's already done so much....

And I know He's not finished.


I noticed that I even have the spiky hair...

or as Sarala calls it...

tall hair.


I love it...

just another amazing reminder of God's grace...

mercy...

love....




And yes...the poster below hangs just inside the entryway at her preschool.



Every time she sees it, she says

"Look...Sarala and Daddy!"

Again...it must be the tall hair.


Look for what God's doing all around you...

you'll find glimpses in places where you least expect it.

1 comments:

reub-envision said...

a father pretty lucky to have a lot more than just "tall hair"
this post made me smile
art is one of the best educational therapy out there.
God Bless

2 Corinthians 9:8