"Someday...when my life has passed me by..."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010



We were driving home last night from the Lou and it seemed like my iPod had time-traveled back to the late 90's...early 00's.

I say this because the shuffle feature took us back in time, which in turn caused me to deliberately seek some stuff out that I hadn't heard in awhile.

Such a spread...Beastie Boys, Blink 182, Vertical Horizon (remember them?), Our Lady Peace, Jimmy Eat World, Nine Days ("This is the story of a girl..."), Less Than Jake, Creed, Pete Yorn, Semisonic, Sugar Ray (seriously? Yes...seriously), The Wallflowers, Third Eye Blind, 311, Temple of the Dog (I'm goin' Hungryyyy......!), Pearl Jam (who were just on SNL by the way), Toad the Wet Sprocket...etc.

I understand that my iPod contains a veritable time-capsule of popular stuff from the late 90's to early 00's (the college years)...even some pop stuff that evokes the senses and feelings of that amazing era of life.

And for those Montanan's out there...the Clinton's!

So...Sugar Ray's Someday comes on and I'm immediately whisked away to the California Coast...the summer of 99'.

Some friends and I had an amazing road trip that took us out to CA...which was an amazing experience considering we were all from MT.

We were driving along Highway 1, heading to the next beach...the windows down...the breeze off of the Pacific...sun...amazing.

So...here's the challenge:

Name a song that, when heard, triggers your brain to feel/see/sense a specific time/place.

0 comments: