A Challenge...to myself

Monday, March 29, 2010


...we beg you, please don’t squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. 2 Corinthians 6:1
If someone were to read a chapter from a book about your life...

would it be worth reading?

Would it be enough to keep them reading?

To see what happens next?


I've been thinking about my own life in terms of this question.

Thanks to Donald Miller's A Million Miles In A Thousand Years (pick it up if you're looking for a great read) and the word's of Paul...

I've been looking at my life through a different lens.

Some words of Paul:

So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:1-2
Am I doing everything that I need to be doing?

Now...

notice how I didn't ask "Am I doing everything I could be doing?"

because...

I think we've really got to be careful about that one.


We can't do everything.

We shouldn't do everything.

A lot of people get sucked into doing a ton of good things...

but...

that's it...

there's no time to do anything great.


Right now...as I type...I'm wrestling with some things that I feel I need to do.

I've got some things going...

in early stages...

that could be amazing for the community in which I live.

The scary thing is...

they're BIG things.

Great things.

And this is where I'm struggling.

Fighting off discouragement...

the tendency to overwhelm myself....


So...I leave you...and myself with this:

It is time....

Go for it.

Trust.

Risk.

Don't squander this amazing life you've been given.

Use your everyday life...and place it before God as an offering.

Man...look at all those verbs! ;)

Now...to get some rest.

0 comments: