Looking Ahead...

Saturday, November 8, 2008


It's amazing how quickly time flies. It's already a week into November...we were shopping today and it was madness...lots of people already shopping for Christmas. It does make sense I guess...Christmas isn't too far ahead...but I usually don't think that far ahead. My plans this year are to enjoy the present...enjoy the moment.

This picture was taken about a month..maybe three weeks ago. I noticed today that almost all of the leaves are off the trees...so this picture today wouldn't look anything like this.

We returned home from our excursion to Fenton tonight and we watched some old videos, from last year, of Sarala. It's amazing how much she has grown in the past couple months. My thoughts about looking ahead...trying not to worry about what's coming stem from the realization that Sarala may have Cerebral Palsy. It is utterly amazing how far she has come...and Crystal and I always knew that we may have to deal with things as she gets older...but it's been an amazing year and a half. She is now two years and two months old. It looks like we'll be back to Children's Hospital in January sometime...to check her eyes...and to check CP. Does she have it bad? No...but she is stiff when she walks and has trouble running. I still praise God for everything He's done and I'm looking forward to what He can do with this new challenge. The words of Paul are once again refreshed in my mind...

Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4:5-7

So...that's what we'll do
Celebrate God all day, every day.
and
Instead of worrying, pray.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What familiar thoughts I am reading as I read your blog this morning. Since I have walked a very similar road with my own baby girl, I somehow feel that special bond with Lala and If I could never assure any one of anything........I can assure you that your little family pops in my mind everyday when I am praying or sometimes to remind me to pray again.

I love how the Holy Spirit uses us to pray for others around that have similar situations that we have experienced. I suppose that is why some of us experience them and become very passionate about certain things.
Love ya
Nanny