Joy...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010


We have just experienced a respite...a departure from the crazy that life can create if left unchecked.

My life is reentering a rhythm where basketball no longer has a place.

Somehow I ended up remaining quite busy...

then

...snow.

Not just a little snow...9 inches fell and...all of the sudden we've got a four-day weekend.

What a perfect time for a couple extra days of rest...

relaxation...

joy.

The week preceding the snow consisted of a full four days of work.

For the first time since early November...no basketball practice...games...preparation.

I ended up filling that time with a bunch of other stuff that did exactly that...filled that time.

My responsibilities were being taken care of but the paperwork was becoming overwhelming.

These are the times where I spend too much time...energy...focus on things that really don't matter.

Enter Sarala.

We got to spend a couple extra days with her.

This beautiful face can realign my thoughts...purpose...perspective in times of busy.

God is present...something that I tend to forget...trudging along in my daily life.

Sarala is an amazing reminder of His faithfulness...mercy...love.

How often do you laugh during your day?

I'm guilty of letting life...busy...routine direct my thoughts...attention.

Where is the joy?

Joy...truly losing myself in the laughter of amazingly ordinary things.

This never seems to be an issue with Sarala.

She's got this inherent ability to keep herself from getting too serious...which also helps us to maintain perspective.

My hope for her...that she'll retain as much of this ability as possible.

To look for the joy...laughter...good in things...

everyday

things.

So...when was the last time you laughed...

good...

deep...

big?

0 comments: