"Take my cake-cake...!"

Monday, January 11, 2010


Sarala is always singing.

I would love for her to do something with music...not that I'm partial or anything. We've got all sorts of instruments around the house here...she seems to like the piano...although she has been talking about the violin. I love it.

Usually she sings things she's heard a lot of...but then she'll occasionally put her own spin on it...or she'll come up with something on her own.

Up until December 6th, the date of The Hope Endeavor's first show (which is the band I'm in), I listened to our set-list over and over. Three of the songs have really stuck with her: Collective Soul's Shine, Lincoln Brewster's Everybody Praise the Lord, and Jeremy Camp's Take My Life. If you click on the song titles...you'll be redirected to YouTube (some shameless self promotion).

Anyway, Sarala has been going around singing these songs, along with others.
Yesterday she was singing Take My Life, but substituted her own lyrics. Her lyrics went...Take my cake-cake, take my chocolate milk, take my life!

Now...cake-cake is cupcake. If you know Sarala, you are aware that cake-cake and chocolate milk are two things that are very important to her. If you ask her who she's singing to, her reply..."Jesus."

I love her heart. I love the story surrounding her. I love that God has such a handprint in how she was born...healed...how she came to live with us...the amazing blessings she has given us. We are always discussing how Jesus took care of her when she was in the hospital...then she'll completely rock our worlds when she says something like "Jesus is holding my hand Daddy", like she did one morning on our way to school.


My hope and prayer is that she'll never lose this as she grows older.

Are there any reminders in your life of God's grace? Faithfulness? Salvation?

0 comments: