Small Child Wisdom...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010



Life can be busy...crazy...non-stop.

It call also be routine...monotonous.

This is usually when it seems like I'm wearing blinders. I'm only looking ahead at what's next.

The schedule.

Then...I hear some amazing little words from my baby girl.

Regardless of my schedule, routine, responsibilities...the end of my school day culminates in my being able to go and pick up the small child from preschool.

The photo above is a welcome sign that hangs just inside the doorway.

Sarala saw it and said "Look...Sarala and Daddy!"

I smiled, laughed...melted...and was reminded about the things that are truly important.

My guess is that it's the hair.

It has to be!

It's insane how much I let the routine...monotony of my day...affect my outlook on things.

I don't stop to look around here...take in the things around me.

This is where my daughter teaches me quite often...to stop...look around...and laugh, enjoy, smile...and ultimately...BE.

I'm so busy THINKING or DOING that I miss out on what's right in front of me...BEING.

So...what has reminded you lately to slow down, take a breath, and BE?

0 comments: