Jumping the Gun...

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've been reading through Samuel lately and it has been quite refreshing. It's been awhile since I've been in any part of the Old Testament. I'm currently in 1 Samuel 13 where Saul "jumps the gun" and decides to do something himself that should've been done by Samuel. God is not at all happy with this.

I think about how this reflects my own life and actions at times. There is an element of patience that I struggle with. Faith is also something that I tend to overlook if something isn't happening like I think it should or in the timing in my mind. It comes down to wanting to follow God...as it puts it in Samuel, "to have God as my king." The Israelites in Samuel wanted a King to rule over them...irregardless of the things God told them how it would go (and GOD being their king)...likewise I tend to not want to hear it or to not listen altogether, thus I tend to screw up things a lot worse. The conversations that the Israelites had with Samuel and God sound a lot like the conversations I've had with God...which means that I need to listen more.

So, just some thoughts as the week nears the end. It has been a crazy week, as per usual...and it's time to go pick up Sarala.

0 comments: