The Beginning...Part 1

Sunday, January 25, 2009


Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; - Psalms 139:23
Okay...I was bold enough to ask God...or to tell God my plans to get aggressive with our finances and debt so we could create some margin in our lives. The verse above from Psalms reflects a similar statement that I made in one of my "talks" with God late last week. Life had been going pretty smooth at that point. Time has been taken care of...the money part of things needs work. The plan is to get in tune with what God has going on for me...not what I've got going on for me...or my family.

The reason I want to get aggressive concerns our ability...or current inability...to act on the God-action going on around us. Now...we are involved to a degree...but not at a level we could be. So...this thought process began last weekend, and if you've talked to Crystal or I since then...you know that our week since then can only be described as...a terrible week. (you may replace terrible with other adjectives;)

Alright...the car gets hit at church in an apparent hit-and-run. Our brand-new...2009 car! My first thoughts involve how stupid and inconvenient this all is. Then, as I began to calm, the thoughts turned to "Oh...well...we do have another vehicle." We take that vehicle, the Bravada or as I call it...Bravad-o, to life group that night, Sunday night, and all is well. The next day our insurance adjuster-guy comes and gives us an estimate. We decide to take the Toyota to a place in Farm-town and drive both vehicles out there so we don't have to rent one.

As we cruise out there...we notice that the vents/climate control system in the Bravad-o aren't working. I'm thinking..."it's just a fuse..." and it begins.

It's like God took this verse above as a challenge and said..."Yes Wade...let's see what you're all about."

TO BE CONTINUED....

0 comments: