Awww...Come On!

Monday, January 19, 2009


You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.
Matthew 5:5

I feel like I had to endure something yesterday that caused me to keep perspective on things. At church we've been talking about this idea of being "rich." We are blessed. I am blessed.

As we came out of church, I come to find that someone had backed into our car...our 2009 car...and left. It wasn't a small "ding" either. Now...there was anger, frustration...rage, but it passed. Come on...our brand new car!! I guess it helped me being that it happened at church. As I thought about it though...I had peace. It's hard to explain...but it felt like things were going to be okay.

Monetarily this incident will make things a little tighter than we'd like, but I think we'll be okay. Alright...I KNOW we'll be okay. I say this because we had just written out our tithe back to God. The day before we had also written out a substantial check for a medical procedure for Crystal. Now...we discussed stopping the payment of the check from the day before...but it seems like we wouldn't be trusting God if we did that. He knew how things would go down. He's taken care of us before. It's on us to trust and have faith that our needs will be met and things will be taken care of.

It's okay that we drive our other vehicle...which happens to be 10 years old...around. It's okay that we don't go out and eat...shop...spend money. I have all I need...food...shelter...family...a loving Father...Jesus.

Perspective...I have a beautiful family with a beautiful baby girl. We have another vehicle that we can drive until the Corolla gets fixed. It is currently in the shop and we should have it back by the end of the week. Will our money be tight this month? Yes! Will we perish as a result?! Now, I'm being a little extreme...but we are very blessed here in the U.S. and we'll be fine. So, we won't be able to go out and eat as much this month...we may have to hang around the house more...that's perfectly fine.

So, as in the words of Jesus above...I feel like I'm the proud owner of everything that can't be bought.



2 comments:

Carrie Tripp said...

Smiling...cause God has a funny way of revealing what He's been trying to teach us in the most personal ways. It's nice to know, I'm not alone. Praying for speedy (and cheap) healing for your car!!!!

Crys said...

Still thankful... even though we woke up to definitely knowing that the heat in our Bravada is not working... brrrr... at least I will not feel like I am throwing the money away to fix the Corolla... We will have heat... we with then deal with the Bravada!! Life is fun... I think sometimes you need one more thing to go wrong... makes you have a heart check... Am I REALLY content and thankful for all I have? Later today if something else happens... still all is well. :)