Our Little "Coffee" Table

Wednesday, April 16, 2008


Now, I got home today from work and set my keys, iPod, bag, and other various items I pack around with me on the kitchen table. I then sat down and preceded to watch my baby girl play with her little learning table. It's funny how much the "table" plays into our lives at our house. The wife and I have been deliberately trying to spend more time around our kitchen table sharing meals with friends and family. The rest of the time at home is usually spent around our little girl's learning table in the living room, down on the floor playing. It's funny how the little table and big table serve an identical purpose...bringing people together...joy. Both are focal points for the time we're at home though, which is great. I've spent a great deal of the school year away from the two tables due to coaching duties. This meant time away from loved ones...joy. It doesn't seem like a whole lot of time, but it adds up. This is mainly the reason I decided to leave my coaching position. It was one of those things that was a good thing for me, but it seemed to take away from the "best" things in life. I've heard a message from Bryan Mills lately concerning this idea of God having the best waiting for us, but sometimes we fill our lives with too many "good" things. I feel like God was letting me know this year that my coaching was getting in the way of something He's got in store. I've gotten out, now it's time for me to be patient and faithful. This isn't usually how I roll so it's been challenging. The reward I've seen thus far has come from our baby girl. It's amazing how an hour spent on the floor with her tonight, playing with blocks, can out weigh just about anything else. I wouldn't trade that time. I'm excited for what's next. It's time to hang out around the table.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your "COFFEE TABLE" artical, Wade. Your are a very lucky man. You have found out at an early age what is really important in your life. Just as Dorthy after she returned from Oz told her family that if she ever set out to look for lifes' meaning she would not have to look " further than her own back yard ", you found it even closer, around the table. Some men go their whole life and never figure that out. God bless you and your family.

Lemon Princess said...

Woo-Hoo! I am so excited you have joined the blogging world!! I loved this post & am looking forward to many more! You have a beautiful family & I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you more! God bless you!!

Crys said...

This picture makes me laugh. Wade said that he took this tonight while I was at class. He said he would put her down and then run away to take her picture. Every time she would run after him and give him a big hug. So I guess this picture took a while. It does explain that "up to something" grin.
On another note: I also would not trade those playing on the floor times. It has been amazing to see Sarala grow and develop. She has been the greatest blessing. And Wade... he is the best Daddy that a girl could want. He treats me pretty good also! :)

Anonymous said...

Candice,
So sorry to hear about your Uncle Wayne. He was always very nice and friendly to me, a good neighbor, and a good horseman. We enjoyed many rides together - many good memories. This is one of those times that we really don't understand "why" God would allow this to happen, but we also know that if he brought you to it, he will get you through it. Love and deepest sympathy to you all. Karen and Jen