Hold the Light

Monday, April 21, 2008

It's amazing how life happens, regardless of circumstance. As I was leaving life group last night, feeling greatly encouraged and amazed at how God works through people, I get a phone call as we were leaving the driveway. It is a friend of ours that was on her way to a hospital in St. Louis because her uncle was in a bad motorcycle accident. He wasn't going to make it, and I found out this morning that he didn't. The fear and sadness in her voice shook me. I went from a high to an immediate low. The next thoughts were that I didn't really know what to say. I just told her that if they needed help with anything, Crystal and I would do whatever. Times like these are tough because there is really nothing to say that will help. Just letting her know that we're there if needed is about all we can do.

Caedmon's Call has this song on their new album called "Hold the Light." It's a pretty amazing song that describes how a life with relationships goes. There will be times of celebration and times of loss...along with all the stuff in between. We are supposed to hold the light for each other in times of darkness. We need to allow the "silent peace of God" reflect in our actions and words. I pray that God would comfort her and her family during this time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Sweet Candice,
I am so sorry about your uncle. I've known Wayne since I had Jeff. I really do believe this has been part of God's plan all along, and I hope Linda and Chad, along with your family, can find comfort in knowing they are together now.
Your dad needs you now more than ever, but I don't need to tell you that. I love you so much. You have been my other "Candyce" for 4 years now, and have helped me through many sad times. I have a song from Rod Stewart that you would love. It is all about the beauty of being Home with GOD. It's called "We are Sailing". I will share it with you when I can.
I love you and know that you are in my prayers.
Debby

Crys said...

Being a friend is being there through sad and happy times. Candice- We have been able to laugh during the good times and you were there for me when my grandma died. I just wanted you to know that you are an amazing friend to so many and let all of us be here for you during this hard time. I know you will take care of your Dad and Grandpa, but allow time to rest and be sad yourself. Just know that we are here.

Anonymous said...

Candice,
Please feel my hugs...for you, your family, and especially Wyatt and Macey. Linda

Lemon Princess said...

I thank God for friends like you in my life! Candice - may God's peace, strength & everlasting love abound in each and every one of your hearts today & always! I remember the times we had together when we were little with Wayne & the rest of the family & those great memories are memories I will cherish forever! Hold them close and know you and your entire family are loved more than you can imagine...not just by us...but by a Heavenly Father whose arms are embracing you today and always! LOVE YOU, Ragen

Anonymous said...

Candice,
So sorry to hear about your Uncle Wayne. He was always very nice and friendly to me, a good neighbor, and a good horseman. We enjoyed many rides together - many good memories. This is one of those times that we really don't understand "why" God would allow this to happen, but we also know that if he brought you to it, he will get you through it. Love and deepest sympathy to you all. Karen and Jen