Reset...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
Psalm 4:4

It's amazing what a little reading can do for you. Last night I found myself in a contemplative state since the school day didn't seem to end so well. Anger. I was angry. The key there is...was. That's the thing though...the school day didn't "seem" to end well. I sat down, opened up Psalms and began reading.

Then...there it was...peace. Found in all of two minutes of reading.

It was like God hit my "reset" button. My day was actually very smooth, my kids had gotten A LOT accomplished. I don't need to let my frustrations with whatever...build to anger. There's no reason for it. It just takes me out of the game for awhile. I had a free afternoon to get a ton of stuff done...an afternoon to come home and enjoy hanging out with my girls...but I squandered it on "thinking." Then, as we were...as some have said..."chillaxing"...it hit me.

Read.

Now, I almost didn't since my main Bible...the "reading" Bible...was in the car and our front yard turns into a swamp whenever it rains. I ended up getting into my ol' duct tape Bible, I've had this thing since high school. I didn't have any plan on where to start other than reading up on David (thanks to the new NBC series "Kings"). Here's a guy that God used regardless of all his issues. So...this lead me to the Psalms and boom...there it was/is.

Not only does this verse hold some major truth, check out how chapter four ends:
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8

So...it's time for me to "search my heart and be silent/lie down and sleep in peace."

Amazing! God....

1 comments:

Fish said...

Great verse, Wade! Is is really awesome when a child of God lays his head down at night he can really sleep in peace no matter what.